Recurrence scores from gene expression profiling tests are used increasingly to determine the likely benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy in early stage breast cancer. Discussions with anxious patients about the risk and uncertainty and the rationale for different treatment recommendations can be complex and confusing. The TARGET research programme aims to assist clinicians with these conversations.
Two-Day Residential Courses in Brighton
Courses are small (max 8 participants), last 8 hours (over 2 days), and are FREE (including accommodation).
Course content includes:-
- PPT presentations about the science behind genomic tests and the psychology of risk and uncertainty
- discussions about filmed scenarios of real clinicians discussing different risk scores with patients
- pre and post course assessments - including individual audio recorded role play
TARGET 2018 Dates
- Wed 28th February - Thurs 1st March
- Mon 26th March - Tues 27th March
- Thurs 26th April - Fri 27th April
- Mon 14th May - Tues 15th May
- Wed 6th June - Thurs 7th June
- Mon 2nd july - Tues 3rd July