Communicating about Phase 1 and Phase 2 Trials: 5-DVD Set and Facilitator Handbook
This handbook and modules follow on from the first and second series of training materials designed to help doctors, nurses and others when communicating with patients and their relatives about clinical trials. The earlier series focussed on randomised trials while this one deals with the complex discussions of phase 1 and 2 clinical trials. The handbook has two main parts; part one comprises five separate modules or topic areas described briefly. Part two, the appendix, contains referral letters, trial summaries, an ethical perspective to early phase trials and summary statements from healthcare professionals who took part in the filming of the DVDs.
- Standard + New Agent Phase 1 Trial
- Phase 1 Monoclonal Antibody Trial (CHILOB)
- End of Treatment Consultation
- Phase 1 Dose Escalation Trial (LY2181308)
- Phase 2 Targeted Treatment Trial (Erlotinib)